1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Water pump mark

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Agnes Harmers, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Agnes Harmers

Agnes Harmers New Member

The Netherlands
    State:
    Groningen
    City:
    Groningen
    I need an external transfer pump that can at least pump 3000 liters per hour up to a headertank. It will have to pump up to a height of 3 meters.

Anybody a link to a good pump?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  2. Henry Johan

Henry Johan Member

Indonesia
    State:
    Jakarta
    City:
    Kelapa Gading
    if you are in Europe as your location suggest, it is saver to just go to any hardware store and ask from them
    3000L/h is not that hard to find (not such a big pump) the 3m up also should not be a big issue
    I use a small pump to pull from the ground resevoir up to my upper tank roughly 10m above and 20m distance

the point is price don't lie and are you OK with the sound it give or you do need a silent type (ask the employee!)

3. Agnes Harmers

Agnes Harmers New Member

The Netherlands
    State:
    Groningen
    City:
    Groningen
    Thanks! You are right, I will contact some shops tomorrow. Because we don' t use irrigation so much, the Netherlands is very wet, these pumps are not found everywhere. Or maybe I just don't know the right translation of it in dutch. (transfer pump)

4. Agnes Harmers

Agnes Harmers New Member

The Netherlands
    State:
    Groningen
    City:
    Groningen

They recommandand this one: https://www.waterpompshop.nl/dab-jetinox-82m-beregeningspomp#prod-cross
    What is your opinion?

5. Henry Johan

Henry Johan Member

Indonesia
    State:
    Jakarta
    City:
    Kelapa Gading
    should be OK (maybe a little bit overpowered)
    the spec said they could go 20m without losing any power
    if I'm not mistaken from the shape, it is some kind of water jet pump, used for high performance where you need to shoot someone from far ><
    the power consumption is quite high (600 watt)

for my use at home, I use submersible pump (noise dampened by the water) and silent type aerator
    for water pump I use https://www.tokopedia.com/aquapedia/resun-king-6
    higher water flow, only up to 5m high (quite short as you have to count every bend and joint) but power consumption is not that high (230 watt) and it is quiet
    note submersible pump use higher power for the same output compared to external pump, but it have much lower noise
    not sure what is the equivalent in your area

anyway, just be sure that you are OK with the sound it produce as if you use to cycle the water in your Aquaponic means it will run 24/7
    I have to waste $200 just because my old pump is too noisy :/