1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Uni-Seals

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by AshWard, May 15, 2012.

1. AshWard

AshWard New Member

I see a lot of people using what they call "Uni-Seals" instead of bulk head fittings.They look like a great idea to save a few dollars if your pipes and tanks are fixed. I have 3 questions.
    1 Where do you get them in Australia?
    2 Do they last or start to weep after time?
    3 Would anyone recommend them?

2. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Uni-seals are OK but not all that easy to fit, especially as the size gets bigger.
    Don't know off hand where you might get them, but a bit of Googling might turn up a place or two where you can get them.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Adelaide
    I think they are difficult to find down this way Ash....

I tried a couple of years back...Couldn't find much in town...There are some country irrigation places that either have them or can get them in for you...I looked in McClaren Vale back then and the could get some in for me I think they were close on $6.00 ea for 50mm but that's a while back....

Earthan Group over on HQ should be able to get some and send them down for you....He has an interesting website and it's free to become a member if you want..you should be able to contact him on the Earthan Group website.

Cheers.

4. AshWard

AshWard New Member

Thanks Murray and BigDaddy

5. markyg

markyg Member

Australia
    State:
    QLD
    City:
    Brisbane
    I've used the 25mm Uniseals - quick and easy when following the instructions. However I tried one for 90mm but there was no way to exert the pressure I needed to get the PVC through the IBC plastic - it just kept buckling. I ended up butchering the seal and adding back some silastic...luckily not a problem for the overflow of CHOP system where there is no water pressure.

6. Fishdood

Fishdood Member