1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

The Upcoming Election Campaign

Discussion in 'Lounge Area' started by Yabbies4me, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    How come there is not more about the election. Not too sure who will get the gong as yet but looks like the LNP really shot themselves in the foot.

2. Danscraft

Danscraft VIP Supporter

Australia
    State:
    South East Victoria
    City:
    Frankston
    Not surprising, and they don't even have an Abbot equivalent wrecking ball flying at them from the opposition.
    Disappointing all round. The term (one term Tony) seems generous.
    What is it with Aussie politics. If the parties cant make good choices of Leaders we cant make good choices voting.:rolleyes:

3. bill newton

bill newton Active Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Wamuran
    come to queensland yabbies - the libnats are at each others throats again!!!

knock knock!

who's there?

Campbell!

Campbell who?

you mean you've forgotten me already??

4. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    At least we can take solace in the fact the LNP at a national level seem to have taken a lesson from the Labor leadership debacle. Although, I suspect my local member, Luke Simpkins, may find himself looking for a new job in 18 months.

5. Murray

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    At least they fight out in the open Bill, not like the Labour union thugs that are in bed with the criminal bikie gangs. They put money in to get rid of Cambell so the bike laws will be ditched. Just watch and see.
    When is Australia going to wake up, we just cannot continue spending like we do. Labour attracts their voting base by giving away stuff, Loads of welfare, wasted Gov grants, free pink batts for everyone, 900.00 to spend in Harvey Norman on a Chinese TV. Yes vote Labour.
    The entitlement mentality is so much part of our psyche. Got to get everything for free.....Imagine, 7.00 to see a doctor. Can you believe it? They should pay me to go to the doctor and buy me lunch.

6. Murray

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    At least they fight out in the open Bill, not like the Labour union thugs that are in bed with the criminal bikie gangs. They put money in to get rid of Cambell so the bike laws will be ditched. Just watch and see.
    When is Australia going to wake up, we just cannot continue spending like we do. Labour attracts their voting base by giving away stuff, Loads of welfare, wasted Gov grants, free pink batts for everyone, 900.00 to spend in Harvey Norman on a Chinese TV. Yes vote Labour. Like a drunken sailor on his way to destruction.
    The entitlement mentality is so much part of our psyche. Got to get everything for free.....Imagine, 7.00 to see a doctor. Can you believe it? They should pay me to go to the doctor and buy me lunch.

7. Murray

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Looks like the Qld Gov is in a spot of bother. Actually the Labour Premier gets some brownie points for being upfront about the disgraced member and dealing with it immediately. Labour would be better off if there was a by-election. It is a safe seat and hopefully for them they would get a better type of member next time.

8. bill newton

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Wamuran
    I hope your next member is Campbell Newman yabbies -- he's already stuffed up Brisbane - then he went statewide -- maybe he needs a trip to WA - we can only hope!!

bill carna pies -- three days to go!!

drinkanimdrinkanimdrinkanim carna pies!!

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Adelaide
    Hi everyone,

I know this is a political thread but.

I've been out of contact with the news for a while, and I can't tell you how refreshing it is not having to listen to the politics be it State or Federal.

I know some people enjoy talking politics but I feel better from not hearing them in the news and media for a while...I'm sadly disillusioned with both sides of politics IMO they both are barnacles on the (place whatever word you wish here) of progress, I'm sorry I can't see how anyone are going to improve things no matter which side of politics you are on left or right.

Cheers.

10. Yabbies4me

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    We should run in the next election BD!... If someone from the Rev Heads Anonymous party can get a seat in the senate with just 0.5% of the vote, then I reckon the "Aussie Aquaponics Party" could do much better.

11. bill newton

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Wamuran
    now there's an idea -- seeing that the federal senate has a couple of silly senators - fishing enthusiast party - and the motoring enthusiasts party - I reckon an aquaponic senator would be great - his policy would be that everyone should have an aquaponic set up in their home - solar or wind powered - self sufficiency is the ultimate aim!!

bill newton -- carna pies!!!drinkanimdrinkanimdrinkanim

12. Yabbies4me

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    ...and tax deductable Collingwood memberships Bill!... There's an instant 70,000+ votes right there... The Motoring Enthusiasts got someone into the senate with only 17,000 votes nationwide.

13. bill newton

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Wamuran
    good win last night -- but they fell down in the last quarter!!

carna pies!!!drinkanimdrinkanimdrinkanim

14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Adelaide
    What about the Power bill? That'll be a good bill to pass....Hmmm...The AAP...Has a good ring to it...Yeah...The AAP....That'll work...

Cheers.

15. Danscraft

Danscraft VIP Supporter

Australia
    State:
    South East Victoria
    City:
    Frankston
    What is the AAP again?
    I'm honest enough to say that Abbreviations confuse me. Not dissing you BD you seem cool.
    To extend to that is: Is our evolution be lazy with communication to type less to cut letters and speak in abbreviations?
    Knowing that the average reader will probably get confused, Hood winked etc
    Unless we are supposed to obsess ourselves with interpretations of abbreviations?
    :)

16. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Adelaide
    Hey Dan,

ALP - Australian Labor Party
    Libs - The liberal Party
    AAP - The Ausie Aquaponics Party

I know what you mean about the abrevitions...The old Geek Speak gets to me sometimes as well..Although you should hear how the young ones talk now...Man, it's another language...For us old school folk anyway. :)...

Cheers.

17. Yabbies4me

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    That's "Skool" BD... Geez!

...and the "Australian Aquaponics Party" was created 5 posts back up the page Dans!

18. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Adelaide
    Car'n Yabbies... Get it right...It's the "Aussie Aquaponics Party"...Crikey...

19. Yabbies4me

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    Sorry!... my bad!

20. painta76

painta76 New Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Laidley
    After labour stole my super ( I no longer work so was not actively putting money into it so it was idle and accruing interest only and looked abandoned ) to try to put KRudd back in power last election I'm not sure I want to vote Labour again.
    I've always either voted labour out right or voted for a minor party or independent who supported labour to keep them honest. this time round I don't trust Labour and I don't want Abbot back in power, now who do I vote for *sigh* bring back the Democrats they may never win the government but they'd make a big enough fuss over the policies of both the major parties!