1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

The Upcoming Election Campaign

Discussion in 'Lounge Area' started by Yabbies4me, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    …
    So if the union and Labor sponsored videos I've seen getting around in the last week or two are anything to go by... the upcoming election campaign, which hasn't even started yet... is going to be a grubby affair... the grubbiest yet… from one side at least!

I’m not anti-union, I was always a union member before I became self employed… but these latest videos that the unions in particular are releasing are taking politics in Australia to an entirely new low, not to mention insulting to the intelligence of anyone that watches them. This one below isn’t the worst I’ve seen… just the latest one a friend thought I might appreciate… which I might have… if I were a brain washed union member that couldn’t think for myself, or a dyed-in-wool Labor voter that votes Labor because... "I've always voted Labor!".

In the link I was sent it states that this video proves Tony Abbott wants to bring back Work Choices, even though he’s categorically stated he won’t, and it supposedly shows Tony Abbott admitting it on TV last night… watch the short, heavily edited sound bite for yourselves and make up your own mind… tell me if you see any mention of Work Choices, Work place relations, or any policy discussion for that matter… because I must’ve missed it!

[youtube]fTUPnHOGPKc[/youtube]

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Adelaide
    Can't see anything but 20 secs of talking about cabinets past and a quick comment of always seeing what you get...No, I don't get it.....Bring on the election NOW...For goodness sake...put us out of this misery....Time to turn off the media news until after the election...

Cheers.

3. Yabbies4me

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    Great timing!... So I just heard KRudd on the radio saying Australian workers need to increase productivity and become more competitive!... Hmmm!... I could only imagine the outcry from the union movement if it had been Tony Abbott making that statement... They probably would've edited the sound bite over some old Work Choices material, or a picture of downtrodden workers doing hard manual labour, while wearing a ball and chain, and with a rich boss standing over them cracking a whip... I wonder what their reaction will be to Kev saying it?

4. bill newton

bill newton Active Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Wamuran
    now that julia's gone - it makes it hard for me -- usually in council elections i always vote for the one with the biggest tits!!

carna pies!!!!drinkanimdrinkanimdrinkanim

5. Yabbies4me

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    Geez Bill, if I didn't know any better I'd swear you and my old man are related!... reading your last comment I had his voice going through my head!... you old pommie blokes and big tits!... it should be about quality, not quantity Bill!

6. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Labour are masters at denigrating the opposition. w saw it here in Qld for two elections and they got away with it until the last one....finally people woke up to them. I hope people don't forget the nonsense of the last five years and put this ugly mob back in..

I never did understand what was so bad about work choices anyway....sorry.

7. Yabbies4me

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    …
    Here’s a prime example... and he's been outed by one of his own:

Thursday, July 11, 2013 » 08:40pm

Kevin Rudd must have had 'some brain explosion' when he suggested the opposition might dump support for an indigenous recognition referendum, Aboriginal leader Warren Mundine says.

Mr Abbott needed to 'get his act together' and detail his position, the prime minister said on Wednesday.

He also pledged to hold a referendum within two years.

Mr Mundine, a former Labor Party national president, said on Thursday Mr Rudd knew very well Opposition LeaderTony Abbott was on side with recognising indigenous people in the constitution.

'I know why he's doing it; he's out there trying to have a negative image of Tony Abbott to try to win this election,' Mr Mundine told Sky News.

'But to drag Aboriginal people in, and drag the referendum into that discussion, was the wrong thing to do.'

He said putting the issue back in the political mix put bipartisan support at risk, which was 'crazy politics'.

8. Murray

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Rudd has no substance to him. The entire country saw that last time around......are we as a nation this stupid and shallow to believe this Rudd person.

Actually, the longer it goes the better, he will progressively get worse and show his true colours. Soon someone in the media will start challenging him and he will quickly reveal that there is nothing there except huff and puff.

9. Yabbies4me

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    So at the very point in time when the Australian car industry and it’s related manufacturing industries are on their knees, the government will kick them in the teeth in an attempt to fill a massive budget black hole they have created... another Labor policy that will cost many jobs and not bring the gov’t the desired result... much in the same way...

a) The Mining Profits tax brought mining exploration, expansion and investment to a grinding halt and sent billions of dollars of investment money overseas... as well as bringing the heavy engineering, transport and other mining associated industries to halt... and has brought in NO REVENUE for the government. Companies are holding off expansion and investment decisions until after the election... meanwhile many tens of thousands of workers have either been laid off, or had their hours reduced dramatically.

b) The government’s knee-jerk reaction to the mistreatment of cattle at one overseas abattoir brought the beef cattle industry and associated industries, such as road and sea transport, to a grinding halt...costing billions of dollars damage to the economy and sending many cattle farmers and transport companies to the wall... as well as destroying the reputation of Australian as a reliable producer in the world meat market.

c) The government’s attack on superannuation funds, especially SMSF’s, in an attempt to bring in a few dollars for their budget deficit, has brought the SMSF industry to a grinding a halt... and stopped investment in real estate and other associated fields where SMSF’s generally invest... people are waiting for the election result before making investment decisions.

10. Murray

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    This is another example of "Policy on the run" Like the way they wiped out the live beef export business. They couldn't care less.

11. Yabbies4me

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    …
    So a couple of months ago Tony Abbott and the Lib’s float the idea of a special economic zone in Northern Australia to encourage argriculture, horticulture, mining, development etc… and they are openly bagged by Labor and accused of looking after the interests of big companies… then today KRudd announces this:

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/TopStories/2013/08/15/Rudd_announces_NT_special_economic_zone_896962.html

Can these guys come up with any of their own policies?... that don't kill people or the Aussie economy that is.

12. Yabbies4me

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    …
    Just forgot to add… The Lib’s plan was for the whole of Northern Australia, not just one state. They want to promote development across the entire Northern half of the country… Kev’s new plan just to provide incentives for development in the NT won’t win him any friends, or votes, in QLD and WA!... you’re a tard Kev!

P.S… There’s no surprises he didn’t include WA… but I’m surprised QLD didn’t get a share in Kev’s new plan!

13. bill newton

bill newton Active Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Wamuran
    i've suggested this before -- and i'll keep on doing it!!
    its time for another 'snowy mountains scheme' - dig a freshwater canal around the coastline from broome to cairns (the long way!) -- it will fill up quickly from the tropical rainfall and droughtproof australia - and it'll open up the entire country for developement - use all the new migrants for labour - you must work on the scheme for five years to qualify for citizenship!

carna pies!!!drinkanimdrinkanimdrinkanim

14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Adelaide
    With the car industry...Why keep propping it up?

How many people does it really employ?....And....How many people in associated supporting industries does it really employ?....

Remember, we do not have cities like Detroit which totally and absolutely relies on the car industry...We don't have that type of set up in Australia.

The car industry in Australia, just can not compete...We have run the race on that one and lost...Thanks to successive opportunist Federal governments from all sides of politics over the last 30 years....Time to cut the losses now and move on...

Just a question....Apart from the public sector...Is large business, medium sized business or small business the largest employer in Australia?...

We'd be better off diversifying our skills putting all the money we can...Including the money we would of put into the car industry in coming years to continue to keep it here...Into creating new industries, fostering the already good ones we have now...and developing a good jobs environment for all...

I think a huge investment into a scheme, like you are suggesting will most definitely benefit us Bill, and would probably pay itself off....

Cheers.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  15. Rob

Rob Super Moderator

Small business is the largest employer in Aus as far as i'm aware.

I kept being told so anyway...

Apparently that's the reason i should give a damn. I fail to see the link.

Rob

16. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Adelaide
    The car industry in this country is considered large business.

Small industry is supposed to be the largest employer in this country.

Why not, not worry about an industry that has, to be blunt, gone, and use the money to be used to support them, to support small industry instead?...Wouldn't that create more employment and the associated benefits of extra employment?

Cheers.

17. Murray

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    The car industry is dead because of the lack of tariffs. The tariffs were removed to give us a "level playing field" and make these industries more efficient. They have really become "efficient" alright, clothing manufacture....gone, car manufacture...dead but not buried, fruit farms...being ripped out by the thousands of trees....Only one fruit canning place left in Australia now and that is down to half production. Woolworths and Coles bringing low value rubbish in and selling it as home brand.....most of us (not me) stupidly buy the garbage. Which is killing our farmers. Look at the Dairy industry....conned into believing that deregulation will save us all...played right into the hands of Woolworths and Coles to screw the farmers that are left.

What are we doing to ourselves under the idiots running the place. And the most inept, stupid, lying labour bunch tried their best to wreck the cattle industry by banning, overnight, live beef exports to Indonesia. Farmers in the north are shooting cattle because a bullet is cheaper than road freight to the abattoir where they will get less than $1.00 per kg. Look on the meat shelf at Woolworths or Coles and see how the prices are down, down, down to $13.00 from $24.00 a kilo for rump steak.......where has the other 12.00 per kg gone.

18. Yabbies4me

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    …
    Only last week KRudd stated he believed Tony Abbott didn't have what it takes in regards to international diplomacy... then this last night from KRudd’s camp:
    Nice work on the international diplomacy side of things Team Labor!... you’ve set the bar high… I don’t know how Tony Abbott could’vepossibly done any better than that!

…:p

19. Murray

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Well it is all over.
    Now...what next?

20. Yabbies4me

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    I'm having a fat time stirring up all the lefties I know on facebook... they have no sense of humor... I'm probably gonna be un-friended by a few 2mrw!... :D