1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

The "Aquaponics Made Easy" Team

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Murray, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  2. norcoboy47

norcoboy47 New Member

Hi, my name is Norm and I live in Booragoon (a suburb of Perth, Western Australia). I have an avid interest in sustainability and have decided that the two biggest issues facing us in WA in the next decade are lack of water and high price of electricity. Aquaponics is an ideal fit for these two issues. I have started up a backyard system with 1000 l FT and two grow beds, one 400mm deep and the other 100mm, giving a total of 650l of expanded clay filtration. I have 21 silver perch fingerlings and reckon I have made every mistake in the book in starting up, and yet the fish are still living. I have already learned a lot from browsing this forum and hope to be able to contribute more as time goes by.

TonyGrunk likes this.
  3. Grant Geddes

Grant Geddes New Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Murgon
    Hi all

I bought the DVDs and watched them over and over.

Is there any Brisbane Master Classes coming up?

Cheers

4. andyholloway

andyholloway Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    NSW
    City:
    Nunderi
  5. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Yes, fully booked already. But we are running a second session. Will be good. Book early.

ECDDan likes this.
  6. John L. Conradie

John L. Conradie New Member

Namibia
    State:
    Otjozondjupa Region
    City:
    Okahandja
    HI All, I am John. From the beautiful county of Namibia. Did the April Aquaponics design course. What a great investment. Already started construction a my first Indy system. In a country where water restrictions and drought is always a issue, i truly believe aquaponics is the way to supply good healthy food to the people of Namibia.

7. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    Hi John,

Welcome to the forum.

Photo's???... we like photo's.