1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

tack on to barra order

Discussion in 'Hatcheries - fish suppliers - Trout - Perch - Cod ' started by catsdoorman, Oct 27, 2012.

1. catsdoorman

catsdoorman New Member

If anone is getting some barra fingerlings (in SE Qld)i would like to tack on to an order for my 600lt tank / 25l grow bed.

Thanks

Simon
    (Forestdale)

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Adelaide
    Hi Simon,

You'll need a lot more grow bed than 25 litres or a lot of mechanical and biofiltration or both for your barra.....

Try at least 600 litres of gravel filled grow bed and some extra filtration....That's for about 10 barra....

Sorry to jump on you straight away, but I wouldn't like to see or hear about your barra disaster down the track...

Cheers.

3. catsdoorman

catsdoorman New Member

Woops typo, 250L

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Adelaide
    Ha, Ha Ha...

Ok even with 250 litres you'll still need to bump it up to over 600 litres of grow bed....

Cheers.