1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice
  1. adamkenn

adamkenn Member

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Happy valley
    There is a guy in NSW that will ship silver perch out. Cost a dollar per fish (i got 100) and 20 to ship them overnight to Adelaide. Uarah Fishery (02)69562147 i think he also has golden perch and Murray Cod

2. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Great info, thanks.
    Never heard of that guy before.

Especially re Murray Cod.

I believe that Murray Cod is possibly the most underrated AP fish. We should all consider using more of them.
    Great eating,
    Wide water temp tolerance,
    Moderately fast growing, (faster than Silvers)

3. mjacko88

mjacko88 New Member

Murray Cod

That's OK for you lucky people who have a choice, over here in the West it appears that the only choice is Trout or Silvers.:frustrated:

4. adamkenn

adamkenn Member

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Happy valley
    Hey murray, Ive been tempted to try cod but got scared off hearing about random deaths. Has that been your experience too ?

5. adamkenn

adamkenn Member

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Happy valley
    Besides i love my smoked trout

6. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Hi Adamkenn,
    I did have bad luck with a batch of 200 a couple of years ago but the batch of 100 I have now is doing really well. I have lost a couple but that is all. They are putting on weight and looking good.