1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Perch Bidyanus bidyanus

Discussion in 'What Fish is that ?' started by dufflight, Feb 21, 2010.

1. simonavc

simonavc New Member

I let a few silvers go in a small dam a year ago.
    The water was so clear the other day I could see into the bottom and weeds easily.
    I could not see any larger fish.
    Is it possible the birds got them all, there were only about 20.
    Simon

2. watercat

watercat New Member

I'm in the States so what I'm wondering is if or how i know I'm getting the same fish your talking about.

3. joeyd

joeyd Member

Hi Watercat

I doubt the silvers we are talking about would not be available in the states. These are a native fresh water fish of Australia.

Joey

4. ZooRod

ZooRod New Member

I'd guess that they are still alive and hiding under sticks and branches, or other cover. You may have to use a lure or drain the dam to find them