1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Plants dropping flowers not producing fruit

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by baseman1703, Apr 22, 2018.

1. baseman1703

baseman1703 Member

Australia
    State:
    Western Australia
    City:
    Karratha
    hi all. I'm in Karratha and am having problems with the plants dropping there there flowers not going to fruit. All seem healthy. Still getting temps in the hi 30,s but getting frustrated some are producing but others good flowering but dropping the flowers.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated just tested again this morning and all seems fine

2. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    What type of plants?... and what's the Nitrate reading?

3. baseman1703

baseman1703 Member

Australia
    State:
    Western Australia
    City:
    Karratha
    Hi yabbies. Still have that same problem with hi nitrates in pert of the system but a majority of the plants Chillies are ok it's in the separate IBC CHOP that I'm loosing all the buds nitrates are in this section are around 5-10 ppm. Basil going stupid really think it's the heat were still getting really high 30,s

4. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    Could be a lack of pollinators around due to the heat. Maybe try getting out there first thing in the morning and hand pollinating the freshly opened flowers. I had to do this to the Chilli plants in the display in my shop. I used a cotton tip with the cotton slightly teased out on the end.