1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Paw Paw leaf stunted

Discussion in 'Plants' started by stimson, Apr 24, 2012.

1. stimson

stimson New Member

Check out the new growth on my paw paw leaves. They appear to come out stunted. Is there a nutrient deficiency in play here? What is neede to fix this?

Other plants remain unaffected.

I have also noticed my lettuce seedlings are slower to grow now also compared to 6 months ago when they would jump out of my grow bed. They just seem to sit there and do nothing.

My system is now 12 months old.

Attached Files:

2. Jumpstart

Jumpstart New Member

I would say if it was a non ap setup throw some epson salt around the base, my old lady told me to use it I dunno why but it worked

3. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    Looking at the leaves, with white/pale veins and stunted new growth... my first guestimate would be Suplhur deficiency, but it's not very common.

4. stimson

stimson New Member

or is it calcium deficiency?

5. DaveOponic

DaveOponic New Member

I would try a foliage spray, organic seaweed type with trace elements. I haven't grown papaya in AP, only in the ground. I have seen leaves like this and it means the papaya needs a feed. Can't say specifically what the deficiency is, magnesium, iron maybe? Hit it with the lot but use something safe for the fish.

I use a seaweed solution that has all the nutrients plus trace elements and humid and fulvic acid, these help the root system and uptake of nutrients.

Dave

6. Jumpstart

Jumpstart New Member

Hey just found a picture of my paw paw leaf so you can compare, I still don't know what it was but yea epson salt fixed it but as I said before it was in the ground

Attached Files:

7. DaveOponic

DaveOponic New Member

Magnesium deficiency if Epsom salts fixed it. Good one.