1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Mushroom plant

Discussion in 'Plants' started by pizza, Nov 26, 2011.

1. pizza

pizza New Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
  2. DaveOponic

DaveOponic New Member

Interesting, I have never heard of it, even when we lived in PNG. Article doesn't have much info. On what part of plant is eaten.." leaves, fruit?

3. RupertofOZ

RupertofOZ New Member

You eat the leaves Dave... and regular picking stimulates new growth... it's a clumping plant...

And yes... it really does taste like mushrooms...

4. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    it really does taste like mushrooms...

Blue meanies or Gold tops? :D...

5. RupertofOZ

RupertofOZ New Member

You're giving away your mis-spent youth there Yabbies... :D

6. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    mis-spent... says you! :D

7. MattySEQ

MattySEQ New Member

I ended up getting a mushy plant :) the punnet I got had 2 one died pretty quickly and the other is doing well it did have some slight yellowing throughout the veins which I though was odd so I added a spoon of iron eventhough all my egsisting plants look fine but it seemed to do the trick, I think whoever named it was on yabbies mushies though cause I can't taste mushrooms

8. Catdaddy

Catdaddy New Member

Here is the Southern USA we have a common lawn weed, called "common plantain". It has broad, rounded leaves and grows close to the ground. The leaves are yummy, and taste like smoked mushrooms. I may transplant a few to try in my system.

And yes, we eat Poke Salat, too.