1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Make your own food..

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by adam.francis, Dec 6, 2010.

1. adam.francis

adam.francis New Member

I dunno if this will help anyone.. but.. I'm thinking of putting together an Indoor Aquarium set up that I will use to grow some Oak Leaf Lettuce.. I already have a Giant tank to set up so why not try it out.. ?

I was searching around for different exotic fish I could put in it when I stumbled upon this blog.. i dunno if it is any use to you guys but i think its good to know how to make your own fish food.. Im sure that any fish would enjoy it, lol.. http://www.loaches.com/articles/home-cooking-your-own-frozen-fishfood

let me know what you think.. and even if you guys have any suggestions on an exotic aquarium aquaponic set up!

thanks

adam

2. Castaway

Castaway Senior Member

Thats an interesting link Adam and nicely illustrated. Not sure that I would do this myself but I can imagine the fish taking a liking to that recipe. We don't have enough people experimenting and making their own fish food.

3. Peter Webber

Peter Webber Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Springwood
    I think clams are a bit more expensive here but maybe there is a cheaper crustacean that we could use? Or perhaps prawn heads? Also the biggest challenge will be making sure your wife will be out long enough to use the blender and pans for this....

4. adam.francis

adam.francis New Member

lmao.. just tell her you were craving some seafood?