1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Hi from Brisbane - good AP books to start with

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RobAust, Jul 28, 2011.

1. RobAust

RobAust New Member

Hi Guys,

My Son (8) and I had a look over a AP system a few weeks ago and pretty amazed at the apparent simplicty of the system, layout plumbing, tank, pumps, aeration, etc.

However, I fully appreciate the complexity of getting the balance right to support a fish colony as well as produce healthy plants.

We've run a marine fish tank with Nemo and Dory in for 5 years and it took sometime to setup although near on runs itself today. I imagine AP is similar in you do the homework upfront and yield the divedends at the back end.

Could you suggest a good book for AP in Australian conditions ?

I enjoy the DIY scene so this is teh way we will go.

Regards,

Rob, Austin and Suzanne

2. RupertofOZ

RupertofOZ New Member

Absolutely Rob, and welcome... nice to see you approaching things this way...

If you're a DIY'er.. then there's plenty of info here and on the BYAP forum...

Most members have DIY systems...

3. DaveOponic

DaveOponic New Member

Hi Rob

Lots of ideas on this forum and lots of collective experience whether you choose to buy a kit system or DIY.

Murray's Videos would probably be a good investment too.

cheers

Dave

4. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
  5. MattySEQ

MattySEQ New Member

welcome aboard rob

6. Jackied

Jackied Member

I have found Murray's videos excellent, he pretty much tells all you need to know, anything else you can learn from here.

I do have a book, but I have found that it gives some mixed ideas, which seem to be intertwined with Aquaculture and Hydrophonics.

Murray's videos have all the info and he keeps it all very simple.

Cheers

7. RobAust

RobAust New Member

Hi,

Many thanks for the warm welcome.

Your quite correct, there is a tremendous amount of info on this forum and the web - guess i'm showing my :eek:

It actually look very rewarding, i'm quite keen to take the next steps. Once we begin, i'll post our progress.

Regards,

Rob

8. Wal100

Wal100 New Member

I went down the book avenue initially and I must admit that you can't beat the net... Check out the forums and also Utube.

Good luck and most of all have fun.

9. stimson

stimson New Member