1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Here is a funny one.....Hey, could it be true?

Discussion in 'Lounge Area' started by Murray, May 31, 2014.

1. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Well, what next will we discover.......

2. yoodles

yoodles VIP Supporter

Australia
    State:
    SA
    City:
    Mount Barker
    haha, ive seen a bunch of posts about this vid, its all bullshit but i havnt watched it yet

3. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    O... M... G!!!... Where do you start with this one?...

...probably by checking the date it was uploaded to youtube... possibly April 1st... :D

I reckon my high school aged son could debunk the science behind this, especially when you consider it's estimated less than half of one billionth of the energy radiating from the sun actually contacts earth... and that solar panels cover a poofteenth of bugger all of the earth's surface... and well less than half of those would be pointing at the sun at any one time. The rest of the sun's energy, except that which contacts other planets close to the sun, simply radiates never endingly out into the universe... and that isn't an issue, but a few solar panels on our little spec of a planet are going to drain all the energy from the sun in some kind of "siphon" effect???

Hmmm... energy has to go somewhere... so if we're "siphoning" more than our fair share of energy from the sun, where's it going???... OMG!... could this be why our planet is heating up?... quick, ban solar panels!... :ROFLMAO:

...and I seriously doubt Haliburton would put their name to such a vid. IMO it's a childish attempt by the green movement to undermine and portray Haliburton and/or the entire fossil fuel industry as "Flat Earthers"

Thanks for the laugh Murray, it's made my afternoon. (y)

Toshilama likes this.
  4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Adelaide
    Ha,ha,ha,ha....What substance were they partaking when they recorded that... Must be pretty good....

I can't believe I waste 3:38 lol...

Thanks for the light relief Murray I needed some....

Cheers..

5. DJBaird

DJBaird Member

This one is real, Solar Freakin Roadways

bigdaddy likes this.
  6. Danscraft

Danscraft VIP Supporter

Australia
    State:
    South East Victoria
    City:
    Frankston
    Wow, and I thought the Wind Turbine Sickness people were ..........sick enough.:LOL:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  7. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Only thing wrong with the solar roadway idea is Gov revenue from petrolium would disappear ...so they would have to tax the road or something......Gov's are tax addicted to the motor vehicle. Sorry, even if it is true re the solar roads, it won't happen.
    Gov does not believe in Global Warming.....if they did they would be getting us into electric cars ASAP , stop burning the rest of the oil we have left and keep that for plastics and the like. But no....it is easier to blame coal power stations because they can make them the bad guy and put our power bills up (more tax) Don't actually do anything to clean up the emmissions from the coal powered electricity stations (technology to do that is already here and proven by James Cook University)

And it is all sides of Gov.

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Adelaide
    I reckon solar roadways is a fantastic idea....I think it would be labour intensive to build the wiring tunnels in the roads and..The circuitry themselves and the panels...But if you could change the mindset of laying these ...not bitumen....Or maybe these in pedestrian crossing area and intersections to start with...How fantastic would that be?.....

Cheers....

9. Danscraft

Danscraft VIP Supporter

Australia
    State:
    South East Victoria
    City:
    Frankston
    Solar Freakin Roadways is a Fantastic idea.
    It all comes down to future thinking versus NOW profits etc.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  10. yoodles

yoodles VIP Supporter

Australia
    State:
    SA
    City:
    Mount Barker
    you still cant use it for base load - only point load, unless you use batteries - in that case you would need massive amounts of lead to make them and smelting lead is one of the dirtiest environmental processors you can do.

renewable is always nice but they need to work out how to store the energy to make it truly useful.

11. adz

adz Member

Australia
    State:
    Vic
    City:
    Regional Victoria
  12. yoodles

yoodles VIP Supporter

Australia
    State:
    SA
    City:
    Mount Barker
    hmmm just did some google'in on the concept. i like it!
    "runs to the shed to build a massive ass fly wheel in a vacuum"

13. adz

adz Member

Australia
    State:
    Vic
    City:
    Regional Victoria
    build me one too :)

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

yoodles likes this.
  14. adz