1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Fresh food in Australia. The ugly side. 8:30 tonight.

Discussion in 'Lounge Area' started by Danscraft, May 4, 2015.

1. Danscraft

Danscraft VIP Supporter

Australia
    State:
    South East Victoria
    City:
    Frankston
    Just to start I don't normally watch TV I cant really stand mainstream news and info
    its character like sensationalized Reality TV mostly allllll bad. But, that's what it is.
    ABC 4 Corners 8:30 tonight has some ugly truths about that perfect attractive looking
    so called fresh food sold in massive quantities.
    http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2015/05/04/4227055.htm
    No new news really and not totally surprising but worthy discussion and thought.
    To those who care about food and well being really.

2. bill newton

bill newton Active Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Wamuran
    well -- what a surprise!!!!! -- this time of year Wamuran and the surrounding districts are inundated with Asian pickers -- they do most of the picking and packing in the strawberry industry - then four month later they've all moved down to victoria to start the harvest down there -- we've had them stay with us -- they're polite - clean - always pay their rent on time - nothing is too much trouble for them -- street wise dole bludgers are never available for fruit picking - "If I get a job - I'll lose all my benefits!"
    we've never had any trouble with them.
    my six pennorth!!
    carna pies!!!drinkanimdrinkanimdrinkanim

3. Danscraft

Danscraft VIP Supporter

Australia
    State:
    South East Victoria
    City:
    Frankston
    So next day to hear a bachlash reaction of this is a public statement to point at the farmers as the bad guys.
    Yet Farmers who do the right thing by their workers and more likely to produce better quality get priced out of the market and lose their trade with the big sellers. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  4. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Just had a look at the replay, typical from the leftie ABC. They have no connection with the real world at any level.
    The farmers are be screwed to death by the big supermarkets, what about giving them a run about their exploitive practices.

5. Danscraft

Danscraft VIP Supporter

Australia
    State:
    South East Victoria
    City:
    Frankston
    It was disappointing. The guys doing the wrong things are the ones with the most power to influence by information.
    I am not biased to the Left, or the Right. I think there are many sensible people in that region but do they voice?
    No, they stay out of the squabble. Because they are sensible.
    I think they need to speak more to be honest.
    Rather than just reading and observing or ignoring the wrongs.

Last edited: May 14, 2015