1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Free Micro Aquaponics System Plans - A simple IKEA hack!

Discussion in 'New Aquaponics systems - DIY' started by Japan Aquaponics, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Japan Aquaponics

Japan Aquaponics New Member

Hello everyone,
    We have been absent for a little while from this site but we wanted to share a project with you. These are the plans for a micro aquaponics system that we have had up and running for 18 months now and it is going really well. We wanted to share the plans with as wide an audience as possible so that anybody could put together their own small, cheap aquaponics system just to get a feel for how it works.
    Please feel free to take a look at what we have done, and if anyone has any feedback or questions then we would be very happy to answer. I am sure that all aquapons share the passion to promote and develop aquaponics, and to convert just about everyone they know to aquaponics... so hopefully an easy little DIY project like this one can be a great starter... and one that kids can easily help with.
    http://www.japan-aquaponics.com/micro-aquaponics-plans.html
    Here is the finished article:

550px-Micro-Aquaponics-Model-4---28.jpg 550px-Micro-Aquaponics-Model-4---36.jpg

2. David - WI

David - WI Member

USA
    State:
    Wisconsin
    City:
    Juneau
    Damn... we have those same closet organizers; but mine is full of underwear and handguns. :p

3. Japan Aquaponics

You could use the guns to harvest the fish.... and there has to be a joke about underpants and ammonia in there somewhere! [​IMG]

4. oceansgreen

oceansgreen New Member

awesome comp[act design, thank you so much for sharing, i might just set this up this winter!

5. Japan Aquaponics

Thank you for your feedback - it is really appreciated. We also sell these little systems in Japan but I really wanted to put the plans out there because I thought that beginners might like to try aquaponics and this could be a really easy way for people to build their first small system. If you set one up I would love for you to send us some pictures... aragon@japan-aquaponics.com All the best, Aragon