1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Fish Tanks

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by adam.francis, Nov 14, 2010.

1. adam.francis

adam.francis New Member

Is there anyone out there who can give me some idea's on a Fish Tank 1000L+.. preferably someone in Canada that knows where I can go to find something to use for this..

if any of you guys from Oz can maybe give me some tips on items that can be used as tanks?

so far my search list includes Horse/Cattle Troughs..

There's not to many places around here that I know of that has big tanks, unless I go specifically to a pond store but they'll rip me a new one with their prices..

thanks mates!

2. Domonix

Domonix New Member

3. OzinBrasil

OzinBrasil New Member

Hi Adam,
    try IBC's (Intermediate Bulk Containers). They are a 'square' liquid poly container generally on a pellet and usually with a galv pipe protective cage. The food grade one, with chemicals in are reasonably common and can be brought used. Of course have to make sure chemical was not a fish toxic one. They are usually around CAD$200. 1000l is one of the more common sizes for them. It is a quite a popular Aquaponics mod to cut the top off, using the top as a grow bed, and bottom for the FT. Plenty of info online on people doing this if you do a search.

Cheers.

4. adam.francis

adam.francis New Member

thanks guys!