1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

barramundi

Discussion in 'Fish' started by David Appleby, Jun 30, 2014.

1. David Appleby

David Appleby New Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Cairns
    ok so i have a hydroponics system that has 10 jade perch in it and they are doing great, i also have a pool to pond conversion that i am using simply as a pond, i is planted out with mostly non edible plants lie lillys, reeds etc, i have 20 barramundi in this pond and i mostly leave them to their own devices eating insects and whatever else falls in the pond and i only feed them rarely and even so one about 4 or 5 will ever take pellets, i have noticed that although their growth rate is slower than the jade perch some are growing faster than others. the faster growing barra also seem to have a white strip along their head and back, is this sexual dimorphism or just random chance in my pond? also a quick question about duckweed, almost all of mine has died off in the last few weeks, can anyone suggest a reason as to why this would happen?