1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Aquaponics.net.au Best Forum

Discussion in 'Lounge Area' started by Tracy Holz, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Tracy Holz

Tracy Holz Member

Occasionally I would post on http://www.backyardaquaponics.com forum also. I had to stop. EVERY post I would get at least 2 negative comments. Not the hate kind but they always seem to just to the worst possible theory that there would be & jump on it. There is a difference between telling me - "Tracy - know you that was wrong" & "You are not suppose to let the water go to the top of the bed" Then I have to tell them - no I just got done hand watering so the top is wet.

Thanks you all for giving good comments & not jumping down the negative hole right away.

But I do expect constructive comments - I don't want to sound like that - as I am a true beleaiver in yo learn more from mistakes than success...

2. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Hi Tracy,
    Thanks for the kind remarks and a little insight.
    The good folk here are just that, pretty good folk. We have all started from a zero knowledge base so we are all still learning. We have had disruptive people on this forum in the past, but they have all, one by one, drifted away to other forums that suit their personality type better....:carrot:....and we are happy for them.

3. jonym

jonym New Member

Murray is the most honest looking person I seen in a decade ,that's enough for me .

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Adelaide
    Hi,

I enjoy BYAP...

I'm a member of 3 Australian aquaponic forums and have been for a while now...All three are different...All three have their good and bad points...I think you just need to tap into the spirit of any forum and adjust your style accordingly...Or, if you vehemently disagree don't participate at all...

I post the most frequently on this forum because it appeals more to my style, but I do enjoy the other forums...

As for Murray looking honest....Really?...Murray looks honest?...OK...:):)

Cheers...

5. Tracy Holz

Tracy Holz Member

BigDaddy - I am a member of over 20 forums - I am a computer Tech so.... But none of them instantly bring negative stuff all the time - might just be a fluke, but.......... As I said I can take & like critism but not every time all the time before knowing all the facts...

Ans as for Murray - well that speaks for it self :)

6. Murray

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    That's nice but......well thanks anyway.

I no idea what I look like. have reached the time in life where it is best to shave in the shower. Try not to use mirrors too much. In my mind I think I am still 35 or 40.....looking in the mirror is not helpful I can assure you.

Short story,
    My daughter accompanied her good friend to the lawyers office the other day to assist her in organising power of attorney for the friends 80 year old aunt Pat. Well Aunt Pat is in the habit of telling it like it is. She toddled off to the "Ladies" during the session with the Lawyer....came back and announced that she had removed the mirror in the "Ladies" and it is now in the lift well stairway beside the trash bin.

The astonished Lawyer asked if she had really done that and if so why. "I don't like the way it made me look, it is a terrible mirror" ..:)..:24locos:

Evidently she really did do it!!

I can relate to that!.

7. Murray

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Yeah, re the other forums.
    I also have been member of many forums over the years being fascinated by news groups , bulletin boards, way back when a "Tandy model 3" and a "Commodore 64" were the hottest machines on the market, and modems made all sorts of strange noises.
    The Australian Forum scene has had some particularly strange characters pass through the gates. The kind, that if they behaved in the local pub like they behaved on the forum, they would find themselves out in the pub car park bruised and badly bent.
    But it has kind of settled out now (touch wood) and as BD says, people tend to gravitate to the one or two that suit their own personal needs best....and that is good. We all tend to do that with our personal friends and the clubs or whatever we join. If we like it we stay, if don't like it then politely we leave.

People join the forum for the info, and stay for the community. We should never forget that.
    Help new people and each other , that is why the forum exists.