1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Woo hoo my first system lol

Discussion in 'New Aquaponics systems - off-the-shelf ready to go' started by Stephane, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Stephane

Stephane New Member

Well this is what Santa got me a "mini me" aquaponics system, its a counter top little fish aquarium with a grow bed on the top, five baskets and grow stones. Works by having a air hose down a tube up to the last 3/4 of tube, air pump blows air down the tube and as the air bubbles go up they force tank water up with them into the grow bed area, return holes are 1/2 inch raised from base of grow bed. Voila

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Interesting:
    Merry Christmas, and a happy new year.

3. Drdamage

Drdamage Member

Good looking system, I like it!

4. andyholloway

andyholloway Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    NSW
    City:
    Nunderi
    looking good. What are you going to plant in there?

5. Omar

Omar New Member

Pakistan
    State:
    Punjab
    City:
    Lahore
    Hi,
    I am new here. I have an aquarium present at home and would like to convert it without adding a water pump.
    I really like your idea of using a air pipe to push water to the grow bed above.
    Can you post some video of it ? Just to see what is the flow of the water.
    Have you planted any plants yet?

6. Stephane

Stephane New Member

I'll see what can do video wise, looking at getting some herbs and strawberries for the kids. But only a fees dates old, haven't had a chance to pug anything else in yet apart from my wife cutting of a plant. Murray it's ashame that I didn't know of your mates system as I like it, but can justify a second toy. Lol

7. pioneer07

pioneer07 New Member

Wao looking nice I like it and I will be try to make it at home…

8. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    ...and where is home pioneer?... the USA as your profile states, or Pakistan as your IP address shows?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014