1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Starting with Aquaponic

Discussion in 'New Aquaponics systems - off-the-shelf ready to go' started by Paskov, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Paskov

Paskov New Member

Bulgaria
    State:
    Bulgaria
    City:
    Peshakovo
    Hello to all! Im new in this forum and im new in aquaponic too. I really like this kind of growing and i start learing more of the things from Internet. But there are a little bit things which i cant unterstand. When i need to start quaponic farm from where to start what need to be ratio between fish and plans? Water in FT need to be 1:1 with water in grow bed or 60gr. of food per day for 1 sq.ft. of plants? and how much plants are in this 1sq.ft? Yee sorry my questions are so stupid...but i dont get them... For my country Aquaponic is something new...and i will be the first which will start with it...This is why i need yours help. I want to start and i have 50sq.m. of land where i will place the system. I need to make system which will be most productive or to mix growing methods like growing with tower + DWC method (water from tower to go to the grow bed from there to the sumb tank and ect...)
    I know I can handle all system cuz i love to work, love fish and plants too...Can somebody from my side of the world help me with making this system? Certainly I sound like someone who is not familiar with anything in aquaponic but... i need a little bit help to start with plan of my AP system.
    I would be very grateful if someone paid me little attention.
    P.S. Sorry for my bad English :(

2. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Hi Paskov,
    Welcome.
    Plants. Plant them as you would in a regular garden for a start.
    Forget the 60g of food per day for 1 sqf. Your new small fish will not eat that much anyway and you will be just wasting fish food.

I will be in Pecs Hungary on July 1 to deliver a Master Class in Aquaponics. That is not too far from you.