1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

shade cloth

Discussion in 'Greenhouse - Shade house.' started by Glen Bryan, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Glen Bryan

Glen Bryan VIP Supporter

USA
    State:
    Idaho
    City:
    Boise
    Im researching shade cloth for my greenhouse. I'm looking to keep it cool, im not worried about shade, everything I'm growing likes full sun. We don't have a real long summer here but for a couple months it does get hot and the Sun is very intense. Using white shade cloth what percent shade is appropriate? Ive seen 40% and 50% readily available at low cost.

2. Gratilla

Gratilla Member

If you search the forum on Shade Cloth you should find some good suggestions on double-duty shading with evaporative cooling and water oxygenation.

3. wedkm001

wedkm001 Member

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Barossa Valley
    I am using white 50% on my shadehouse, & I have heard a number of gardening gurus recommend the same. Maybe less would still be okay, but I think more & you would end up with leggier plants & possibly plants that don't flower properly.