1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Posting pic's

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by Chuck Wow, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Chuck Wow

Chuck Wow Member

Thailand
    State:
    Kalasin
    City:
    Kamalasai
    I having a hard time to figure out how to post pic's. Please advice

2. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    When writing a post, type in all the text, then click on the "Upload a File" tab at the bottom right, this should open your pic management program on your PC, from there select the pic you want and hit enter.

It's a good idea to resize large pics to 800 x 600 maximum size.

Also, once your pic is uploaded it is usually inserted below the text in a thumbnail format, which viewers can click on to expand to full viewing size. You do have the option of inserting the pic's into your text in their full size, but it's preferable to keep them as thumbnails in my opinion. Threads with many posts containing inserted full size pics take a long time to open and are frustrating for those viewing.

3. Chuck Wow

Chuck Wow Member

Thailand
    State:
    Kalasin
    City:
    Kamalasai
    Oh crap, than I have to down size every pic b4 posting. At least I now why I got error message:)

In order to not start another tread I'll just ask here.
    I want to become gold member, and the instruction say that I should be logged in so my nick and my previous post will stay "on the same person". I tried to logg in but my email was not valid. Could be that i did not register as a brons member, just registered myself here at the forum.

Sorry for saying this, but why in the world do you not promote those membership at the forum? I just bought the e-book promoted there and by "accident" I saw somewhere something about "premium members only". It took a while to navigate around and finally I saw the benefits of those different levels (brons, silver and gold). Luckily I did't buy the other two CDs as I can access those as a gold member.

By saying this, is it possible to make me log in as a brons member so I can upgrade to gold in my same nick?

I don't like waisting money around, but I do know that quality information cost and I'm more than willing to pay for that:)

4. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    Murray handles that side of things, send him a PM... Click on your "Inbox" up in the top right.

Cheers!