1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Nutrient Deficiency?

Discussion in 'Fertiliser - mineral supplements. Aquaponics syste' started by latidae, Feb 2, 2013.

1. latidae

latidae New Member

Hi there guys, need some help here. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my bokchoy?
    Previously the leaves are turning green, I've added chelated iron, fixed that and now it's wrapping up. These are 2 weeks old from seed. PH is around 6.3 to 6.4.

IMG_7270.jpg

2. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Pretty short on most trace elements by the looks of it.....Seaweed extract is the way to go.

3. latidae

latidae New Member

Any specific brand do you recommend?

4. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Maxicrop or Seasol. We have this terrific Kelp powder It is concentrated and in powder form so it works really well, transports well..

l_kelppowder.jpg

5. Yahyaa Gopaul

Yahyaa Gopaul New Member

Mauritius
    State:
    Mauritius
    City:
    Mauritius
    Hello, My understanding of AP growers is that we are growing Organic veggies without the use artifical fertilizer. When supplement is added to the system, is it still considered organic?

6. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    They are seaweed extracts Yahyaa.