1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

NSW IBC Group Buy?

Discussion in 'For sale - Lost - Found - Wanted - and such stuff.' started by zman10, Jul 27, 2012.

1. zman10

zman10 New Member

Hi Guys, i have located a supplier of IBC tanks that have been used to store soy apparently for $75 a pop.

The problem is that it is in Bowral and i dont have a ute

Does anyone from metro sydney or north of sydney want to drive down and pick some up whilst dropping some off at riverwood? I would pay/contribute to petrol and time taken

I need 2-3

2. Rob

Rob Super Moderator

Where are you located?

It's about a tank of fuel to get to Bowral and back for me at Gosford.

I can get 4 on my trailer (first pic on http://www.aquaponics.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=3853 ) and maybe one on my roof. If you'd cover one IBC for me (as time/fuel contribution), i'd probably be keen to do the trip.

Thoughts?

Rob

3. DREW76

DREW76 New Member

I just joined up to let you know I have about 50 IBC's I need to get rid of.

They are used but in good condition.

Some are cleaner than others so I can offer the cleaner ones for $50 each or the not so clean ones for $40 each.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FYI the IBC's have been used to hold a water based starch adhesive product so they will clean out easily with hot water.

We are located in Ingleburn NSW. Pick up times would be 5.30 am til 2.00pm week days.

Give me a buzz if interested on 0402304320 between 7.00am and 2.00pm week days only.

4. Overboardkiller

Overboardkiller Member

Oh nice i just sent you a SMS about them as i would love 2 but could you drop them off?

5. DREW76

DREW76 New Member

Sorry Overboard but its Pick up only

6. Overboardkiller

Overboardkiller Member

gotta find a friend who will help

I still want 2 Drew Just gotta find a way to pick them up

7. Overboardkiller

Overboardkiller Member

Can any one help me? i'll pay you..... $50 PM if you can.

8. DREW76

DREW76 New Member

No worries. I have plenty here. 59 to be exact!

FYI. Just checking the rates with our courier, (Bonds) its about $67 to deliver 2 IBC's to P*****h from here at Ingleburn.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  9. Overboardkiller

Overboardkiller Member

i might have a truck just need to check with someone :)

10. DREW76

DREW76 New Member

11. AquaRob

AquaRob New Member

Bulk buy from Canberra

I would love to get hold of one of Drew76's IBC's. I did some costings. For me to get hold of one will all up cost me over $200. This is a bit much. But if anyone else from Canberra is going to get some I would be happy to share the costs. Possibly I would make the trip if others were to share the cost.

Please let me know.

Rob.

12. Rob

Rob Super Moderator

You can hire a ute from Thrifty for $50 a day mate - maybe that's an option?

I just picked up 8 for myself and Overboardkiller. They're since they've had nothing bad in them and are great quality, especially for the reasonable price.

Depending on the ute you can up to four on. I just jammed 8 on a box trailer:
    [​IMG]

Rob

13. AquaRob

AquaRob New Member

Good idea, but I already considered it.
    $50 a day plus 28 cents per km. First hundred km included. The round trip is about 500km. So I have 400 km @ 28 cents km = $112.00. Plus a tank of fuel, say, $60. Grand total of $222.00 plus $50 for the IBC. The cheap $50 IBC now looks like a very expensive $270.00 one. Plus a day off work.
    Even if I were to pick up four and sell on 3 they would cost about $110 each IBC if the costs were evenly divided. I would be happy to pay this price. But need someone/s to go in with me.

I also costed a freight company to pick it up and deliver it for me: $160 plus GST plus fuel levy. Double it for 2.

BTW. very impressed with your 8 on a box trailer. Nice work.

Rob.

14. Rob

Rob Super Moderator

Ah yeah the km part can kill you.

No mates with utes/trailers?

Sorry i can't help mate.

And thanks... it's far more stable than people think :D

Rob

15. dmo_ACT

dmo_ACT New Member

The problem with Canberra is its so far to transport everything, I have good clean IBCs in Canberra for $175 ea. No hassle and I'm close to WODEN.Let me know if your interested Aqu
    arob.:D

16. DREW76

DREW76 New Member

FYI

I currently have 10-12 clean IBC's still available.
    They go pretty quickly so contact me if you are interested.

Cheers

Drew

17. DREW76

DREW76 New Member

Gday guys,

Just letting you know i have IBC's back in stock again.
    At the moment I have about 12 clean ones and plenty of dirty ones that need cleaning.
    Hopefully will get a chance to clean some more this week.
    Contact me if interested as I have them listed on eBay as well.

18. Trevwbird

Trevwbird Member

People, go for a drive through your local industrial area, look for a place that has heaps and just see if they want to get rid of some.
    My FREE ONES, 10 of, only had PGA glue in them, washed them out and plant away.
    there are free ones everywhere
    be honest and tell them you want to chop them up an grow veggies in them and grow fish at the same time. I got a strange look and a sure mate knock your socks off.
    happy looking

19. David Trees

David Trees New Member

Trevwbird. Where in Greenbank did you get IBCs from?

Oh by the way. We used to live in Stoney Camp Road and Park Ridge Road.

We lived there before moving to the UK. We are returning soon. :)

20. gavin-11

gavin-11 New Member

Australia
    State:
    nsw
    City:
    campbelltown
    hi guys dose any one have cheap ibc tanks around campbelltown area email me back on prise and location alltime@live.com.au