1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

No RedClaws in my state....damn

Discussion in 'What Fish is that ?' started by Bluegill, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Bluegill

Bluegill Member

Crawfish in Louisiana is sacred.
    The crustacean has been a staple on the coast of Louisiana since the dawn of man here....
    So......our Fish and Game Dept. will not permit ANY Redclaw in Louisiana.
    I can buy them out of Florida but cant raise them in La..
    I'd like to lobby my legislature.
    Wish someone would give me some guidance.
    I could smuggle em in but that would be illegal....
    Probably would have to lie and I dont do that.
    BG
    :cool:

2. kellenw

kellenw Member

I feel your pain. Same situation in Missouri.

One major concern with Red Claw is that they can climb quite well, and are pretty good at escaping from tanks.

3. Tsaphah

Tsaphah Member

Oh yes, I can testify to that. Lost 3 in one night, climbed the hose from the pump, and voom, gone.

4. watercat

watercat New Member

I'm i Washington state and just bought a license to have invasive species for $24 dollars. and to transport. If your not growing in a pond that can over flow into a water shed of some type you should be able to have them. aquariums or usually not banned. Or closed systems.