1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

New Upgraded Build

Discussion in 'New Aquaponics systems - DIY' started by Bryce duke, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Bryce duke

Bryce duke New Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Roma
    So after successfully running and trialling my 6 IBC growbed system here in town, i've finally decided to upscale. Building a new system out on my block out of town. Construction is expected to take 6 months. Currently i'm building the shed to house the fish tanks. This is built using a coldroom i bought from a local pub when it closed down for $50. The Fish Shed coldroom is currently 6m X 4M, and with sump and filters and future expansion will be 10m x 6m at completion

Grow area will end up being 20m x 12m and there is room to expand everything. (Benefits of large acerage) Photos will go up as construction progresses.

These photos are from Friday and Saturday this weekend. my Dad is the one in the pics.. Hes retired from farming and has volunteered to help.

As a comparison, my current system in town is 2.5m X 6 m. Im running on the philosophy of go big or go home. Ive decided i've had enough success and learnt from a few failures in the little system to confidently build the big one now. Also going to have quite a few "Eco friendly" solutions in the final build, such as solar and windmills, as a result of my past work. ;) . stay tuned...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  2. Bryce duke

Bryce duke New Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Roma
    Weekend 2 Down. 2 of the Main sumps are in. The Fishtank Sections nearly ready to have tanks positioned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bigdaddy likes this.
  3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Adelaide
    Looks good Bryce,

I think it's always good to have someone there helping you build.

Looking forward to watching your build.

Cheers.

4. Bryce duke

Bryce duke New Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Roma
    Yes it is good. I think this is the most Time i've spent with Dad in about 30 Years.

5. Bryce duke

Bryce duke New Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Roma