1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Expanded Clay - 50L

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by karlfk, Apr 6, 2021.

1. karlfk

karlfk Member

australia
    State:
    western australia
    City:
    perth
    it's been a while since I've brought Expanded Clay cant remember how many bags I got 6 years ago

I have a standard IBC container I just got for another setup and I will be cutting the top off 300ml, how many bags 50L do you reckon I would need I'm guessing 5 bags to fill ?

can any one let me know please.

cheers

2. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    An IBC type GB with 300mm media depth requires 7 bags. I'd cut the GB at about 330mm, to give yourself a bit of freeboard.

3. karlfk

karlfk Member

australia
    State:
    western australia
    City:
    perth
    Thanks for the reply, looks like I'm coming to see you this Monday coming, looking at these Expanded Clay 50 litre bag (5-9 bags)

4. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    No worries!...

FYI: We are down to half a pallet, so if you want to secure them, then I'd suggest ordering the amount of bags you'll need through the online store, we'll hold them for you and you just need to bring a printed copy of the receipt with you when you come to pick them up. Cheers!