1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Fruit.

Discussion in 'Plants' started by Murray, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    At last my Dragon Fruit plant has started to fruit. It is just wonderful. We started the plant in one of the AP systems but took it out about 6 months ago mainly because it was taking up too much room. Put it out in the paddock with a good dose of high quality compost material all around it and left it to fend for itself.

Look at what we enjoyed for dessert tonight. And there are at least 12 more fruit pieces forming and ripening right now.

Attached Files:

2. Murray

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    A post just now on Facebook about my Dragon Fruit.
    "I would have thought aquaponics would be too wet for a dragon fruit plant?? Very cool"

Reply,
    It is no longer in an AP system, but when it was it was doing great. In fact it got too big so we had to move it. We have very, very healthy Aloe Vera growing in our AP system and it is a desert plant. It is because of the magic of flood and drain FloMedia beds.

Attached Files:

3. miev77

miev77 Member

I have been using wicking beds for years with superior results. I think any type of fruit or tuber would do great in one of these fed by fish water.

Well, we all know his works and I plan on having a few wicking bed rows for my dwarf lime orange and lemon trees, and would like to grow some tubers as well.

4. shubhampatidar

shubhampatidar New Member

India
    State:
    M.P
    City:
    Indore
    Thank you for sharing tips. I will try to make dragon fruit plants. I am trying to make mango plants and guava plants.

5. Murray

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    We have just harvested our first red dragonfruit for this season.....Happy days.

Ringer2 likes this.