1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

David L DIY system

Discussion in 'Established Aquaponics systems' started by davidl, Mar 29, 2011.

1. davidl

davidl Member

Australia
    State:
    QLD
    City:
    Brisbane
    I've finally moved house. Given that this system was installed at a rental house I had to pack it all up and move it, this was a major pain. Unfortunately I botched the move process, and the remaining fish died just before the move. This was due to me trying to cycle an additional, quickly constructed, DIY filter that released too much fine particulate matter into the tank. It was supposed to allow me to have a tank, with cycled filtration, at my new place while my existing system was still running at the old. That would allow me to ferry the larger fish over in smaller numbers, to prevent them suffocating, and so the fish could live in it while I moved and re-connected everything at my new place.

I'm thinking that for my next system, it'll either be designed to be an integral part of the landscaping or somehow portable...