1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Can I grow geranuims?

Discussion in 'Plants' started by Shar, Nov 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Shar

Shar New Member

UAE
    State:
    Dubai
    City:
    Dubai
    Hello from Dubai!

I am very lucky to have an amazing bio-dome for a classroom which houses two aquaponics tanks (one large 1 small) several hydroponics towers, a hydroponics table and various other growing systems. I am going to be on a very steep learning curve as I know next to nothing about these systems. I am going to keep the large aquaponics tank mainly for display as the children who will be visiting will not be able to access the produce, and I am thinking about putting in geraniums. Does any one have any experience of growing geraniums in an aquaponics tank? I'm hoping there is no risk of toxicity to the fish.

Thank yo in advance for any answers. :)

2. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Hi Shar, Sorry, I do not know of anyone trying to grow Geraniums. It would be an interesting experiment. There are so many variations to the flower that are beautiful. I can't imagine it being harmful to the fish. Let us know how you proceed with that.