1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Build/monitoring/results thread - 'Black Beauty'

Discussion in 'New Aquaponics systems - off-the-shelf ready to go' started by Jarrad, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Jarrad

Jarrad Member

Australia
    State:
    Act
    City:
    Canberra
    Thanks Murray, no pics but I will stick the video camera in there today... No one died overnight which is good..!

Not sure how to tackle the filtration... Which is why I kept the stocking rate low... Well.... I planned on 10, ended up getting a few extras in case of deaths so if they all survive I may have to give a few away or..... Work out the filtration I guess!

Really keen on getting the extra grow beds now....

2. Jarrad

Jarrad Member

Australia
    State:
    Act
    City:
    Canberra
    Another progress shot, plants seem to be thriving. Bit worried about the trout though, water temps hit 24 degrees yesterday.... No one died though so I'm hoping they will be ok. Thanks to Murray's design the system is well aerated so hopefully this will be my saving grace!

[​IMG]

3. Jarrad

Jarrad Member

Australia
    State:
    Act
    City:
    Canberra
    Late pic of the trout....I've since cleaned the bottom of the tank too ;)

[​IMG]