1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Basil on my system

Discussion in 'Plants' started by Beer Bod, Aug 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Beer Bod

Beer Bod New Member

Philippines
    State:
    lucena city
    City:
    lucena city
    Hello! I am new to aquaponics, been doing it in my backyard about 2 months now. I'd like to ask how people are able to grow sweet basil in their aquaponic system.
    All the other plants in my system are doing fine (peppermint, choco mint, snake jasmine, dill, rosemary). My ph plays around 6.5 - 7.5. Ammonia and nitrite levels are very minimal. Nitrates are high.
    They are in the part of the house which receives direct sunlight from about 6am - 11am.
    What happens is, i transplant the basil to my flood and drain system and they last about 5 days before they start to wither and die.
    My fish are doing fine btw
    Any help would be much appreciated